Fórum » Web Site Support

Playback stops!!!

• Playback stops!!!

The tracks are stopping permanetly!!! Can this radio work properly? I pay for this!

(Immaturity removal. This is a support forum, and will be treated as such. - Mod)

Editado por HairMetalAddict em Out 21 2009, 18h34
    • DFA1979 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 16 2009, 22h40
    You'll be more likely to get help if you actually explain your issue clearly. When do tracks stop? Do all tracks do so? How are you listening (web player/client/other program)?

(You'll also get more help if you tone the language down, your current choice of language does nothing to suggest attempting to help you is actually worth my time.)

• I am sorry for my tone.

But this is really most disturbing, when the radio, that you pay for, is not working properly. The tracks stop randomly, they can stop twice per song or not stop at all. It also seems that amount of stops depends from the time of day.

• DFA1979 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 17 2009, 17h51
    Sounds a bit like a bandwidth/buffering issue.

Are you using the in-page player, or the separate Last.fm program?

• I am using both of them, the problem occurs on both.

• I'm having the same issue with my radio - both the website one and the client. It does seem to be a buffering issue - songs stops every few seconds to buffer... it just started all of suddden today.

• GavinZac disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 18 2009, 9h01
    It would help diagnose whats wrong with you guys' playback if you gave some basic details like what your connection speed is and if you were doing other things at the same time. Sounds like either a slow connection or you were downloading other things at the same time. Bandwidth is like a cake, if one thing takes a big slice, the rest has to be split up amongst everything else.

You pay Last.fm to provide you with streaming music. Everyone that has ever streamed anything on the internet (RealPlayer in 1998... buffering... buffering...) knows that unless you have a fast connection you're not going to get the best out of the service. It's like complaining to a cable company that their HD content isn't HD on your standard TV. "But I pay for it"!

• Ok. here you go

http://www.speedtest.net/result/498394753.png - that is my speedtest result. I guess such speed is more than enough (i have a 4 mbit connection).
    Usually i don't listen to last.fm while downloading smthing. However, when i do, theese downloads doesn't seem to affect anything.
    I would be very thankful if you could help.

• up

• Playable tracks arent working since a few minutes ago.

• Re: Fuck those fucking playback stops!!!

chtonos1821 said:
    The tracks are stopping permanetly!!! What the fuck?! Can this motherfucking radio work properly? I pay for the shit!

sadly, have to agree. Same issue here. Unfortunately these stops didn't go away after I paid the 1 year subscription at the counter.

"Sounds like either a slow connection or you were downloading other things at the same time."

25 Mbit down/ 3 Mbit up. Good enough?
    I could quote some stations here - basically all netradio stations I ever used! Not even once did i ever encounter this kind of intermission and full stop of service that some (?) of us face here.

I'd really appreciate if an admin would react and initiate a ticket to close this issue once and for all.

Until that happens, bye radio. Looking forward for the bang for my buck.

• siridyal disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 5 2009, 9h24

Another way to have started this post...

Let me first say that i think you guys..potentially...provide a great service! I love the site, it is super usable. Some getting used to but overall very user friendly and intuitive.

However, when i signed up for my free account, I had NO buffering issues. Since purchasing a subscription, I can't listen to a song completely without it 'skipping' or pausing to buffer.

This is not an issue with my ISP, my internet connection or anything on my end. I am able to stream video as well as music from other websites (ahem...your competitors - live365 and deezer) with no issues at all.

I like your website better, your music offerings better and have a better overall feeling regarding your service.

So please, please do not make me move to another provider. Fix whatever buffer problem you have so myself and potentially many others can continue to enjoy your service.

Idea: Can you add 'pause' functionality so we can let the music preload, and then while we're listening to the music you could start preloading the next song...????

Regards -

Your concerned...potentially...long term customer

• I, a paying customer as well, has this problem too. I don't think it has anything to do with the speed of your connection. The music doesn't just stop, it skips to another song right in the middle of a song I was listening to. This only happens with the player in the website (which I only use at work and where the connection is superb). Fortunately most of the time it's plays like it should, but sometimes it's like an invincible hand keeps pressing the skip-button in the middle of a song. Extremely annoying, needless to say. Please, I love Last.FM, but if this isn't fixed they lose a paying subscriber...

• mvodak disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 28 2009, 17h39
    I hate the fact that last.fm fails to serve its customers properly, even though they pay for it. I also dislike lack of involvement of moderators and staff members about this issue.
    the only thing that is happening is disabling discussions about this problem.

what has happened with this free last fm, a service for discovering new music and broadening horizons? now they ask for money and fail to deliver what promised (contractually).

I am sure I'm not alone to be disappointed about once great idea and website.

• GavinZac disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 7 2009, 22h26

Eric,

I has a bucket.

• mvodak disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 12 2009, 23h17
    I noticed it does not work only during the day, late at night it work. I suppose last.fm has problems when streaming large flows of data in peak times. I would recommend buy a server or whatever and solve the damn thing.

best regards, listening to songs while radio keeps stopping after 7 first seconds of each song...

• Getting these songs to play thru completely?

I am a new visitor and am thinking about joining but if I can't get these songs to play completely what is the use? Any suggestions, I have a broadband hi speed connection with Comcast and am doing nothing but listening and try to make some playlists. But keep getting these opps error connecting and some songs have never played thru completely after several tries, and I have given up.

• Possibly a work related thing?

I've been experiencing the same issues posted here for a couple of months. I started using last.fm about three months ago and the buffering issue started up about two weeks in. Fortunately for me, I have not yet committed to a subscription -- although the higher quality and selection last.fm provides over its competitors has had me thinking about it. Sadly, this buffering issue is keeping me--and many other potential customers it seems--from shelling out any cash in support of your services.

One question, though, that I'd like to posit is this: are many of these users logging in at work? I know I am.

From what I can glean from the forum posts, the problem occurs most often at "peak" hours. This could mean one of two things: 1) a server crowding issue on the part of last.fm that many uses have suggested and last.fm denies, or 2) the fact that the majority of halts are being experienced on work computers--because that's where most of us are during "peak" hours. Could it be that these networked computers have all got some sort of generic bussiness-type security package that has hindrances in place to deter users from using streaming online applications? If so, is there any way around it?

I know this might seem like a long shot, but it's the only new idea I can muster.
    Good luck fixing this, support team--it'd be a shame to put all this good music to waste.

• Me too on several different computers!

I think there is nothing imature about posting that the service offered dose not function as advertised. I've been waiting for months for lastFM to fix the skipping and stopping that occurs every time I use it. I use it on several computers and would subscribe if not for this very real problem. Until lastFM takes this problem seriously I can't take them seriously enough to pay money for skips and stops.

• xnthn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 28 2009, 13h24
    Same issue here, it's quite lame. I've even resorted to immaturity because of it.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.