Fórum » Web Site Support

My Library Radio is !@$%ed.

• My Library Radio is !@$%ed.

I listened to some OST's to get in the mood for a Day of Defeat game a year ago, and now I can't play My Radio station (or whatever it's called) without it being obliterated by brass and wind instruments.

For some reason, it ONLY saves the OST songs on my main page. Loved or not. I can't sit here and go through every single one and dislike/unlove/remove them. It doesnt show any other music on my profile page. What the actual fuck? I just want to listen to Electro. My brother listened to some Ratt or Scorpion shit 2 YEARS AGO and it still pops up on my library. [offensive text removed - Babs]

How the FUCK do I fix it?

Editado por Babs_05 em Mai 27 2012, 13h57
  • bump

• Babs_05 disse...
    • Moderador
    • Mai 27 2012, 11h49
    Your Library is a record of everything you have ever listened to as well as what you'd like to listen to at some point. It's your listening history. Tracks that have been played before are likely to appear again, especially if you have Loved them.

If there is music you heard in the past you don't want to hear again, you can remove those artists by going into your Library, hovering over the pic and clicking on the [X] that appears in the corner.

I don't consider the rest of your post appropriate for this support forum.

• Point taken babs, but please explain why the OST's fill all of my essential 'activity' on Last.fm when I go out of my way to avoid it now. None of the other music shows up on my 'activity'.

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 27 2012, 19h10
    what is your "activity"?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • Recently listed tracks shows ONLY and SPECIFICALLY the songs I dont want to listen to/ the songs I skip.

When it shows a selection of artists or my recently listened tracks in My Library they are ALL OST's. I listen to John Williams radio A SINGLE TIME, A YEAR AGO, and now it's permeated my entire library. I love me some classics but this shit is getting old, fast.

Edit: For reference, I listen to Justice/Boys Noize/ Vitalic radio dozens and dozens of times over the course many many months and my activity doesn't reflect it at all (at least when I look at my own profile).

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 27 2012, 19h26
    it only shows what you listen to...saying it shows what you skip is just false.

it's saying you've not listened to anything for two years, you sure you have scrobbling enabled?

Auto Corrections Group
  • I could've sworn I enabled it and even downloaded a 'scrobbling' app quite a while ago, I'll double check. I just don't understand why the OST's are the only thing showing on my profile/recently listened list.

Maybe Babs will consider this post more appropriate and provide a little more help.

aaaand Twisted Sister just came on. Because my brother listened to glam arena hair rock 2 fucking years ago. Sweet.

Edit: Dank please click my profile and show what pops up under our compatibility if you would. For me it shows you listen to Hooverponic, Black Sabbath, etc. Danke for your assistance.

Editado por Specialed11 em Mai 27 2012, 19h46
    • dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 27 2012, 19h45
    where are you listening to this music because it isn't showing up on your profile?

Auto Corrections Group
  • dankine said:
    it isn't showing up on your profile?

Bingo

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 27 2012, 19h54
    don't answer the pertinent bit of that post or anything...

where are you listening to music via?

Auto Corrections Group
  • Last.fm via chrome.

• Babs_05 disse...
    • Moderador
    • Mai 27 2012, 20h55
    No, what dankine asked was: if you're listening to music and scrobbling back to your account - where is it? Looking at your page, I don't see you listening to anything right now. The last track you scrobbled successfully was on 10 May.

So if we begin with that, that somehow, you're not scrobbling the music you listen to to your account, then it makes sense that it's not appearing on your Library radio, because you haven't submitted the data. All the Library radio has to go on is what you did successfully scrobble. Everything you ever listened to from the day you started your account will appear in your radio, doesn't matter if it was yesterday or years ago.

So first things first - why aren't you scrobbling? Is something wrong? Have you disabled it and forgotten? If you're using the client, this checklist might help troubleshoot

What can I do if my Last.fm Scrobbler has stopped scrobbling my music?

Also, if you are using the client, try uninstalling the one you've got and install the new (beta) one http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler+Beta

• I've been scrobbling for a year now, and my Library radio does not reflect that.

Oh well, it looks as if I'll have to fix this problem myself.

[offensive text removed at the discretion of the Last.fm moderators for posterity in the matter of lightly humored good natured fun].

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 28 2012, 4h23
    you haven't been though. turn scrobbling on.

starting to think you're a bad troll.

Auto Corrections Group
    • headey disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 29 2012, 9h02
    Specialed11 said:
    I've been scrobbling for a year now, and my Library radio does not reflect that.
    Maybe tracks have been playing but not registering as scrobbled?

In the browser... if scrobbling is currently 'ON' the display will be showing "Turn scrobbling off".
    In the scrobbler it should say "scrobbling on". (click it to change)
    What does your browser/scrobbler look like?

Click here for a (not very good) pic showing the ScrobblingOn/ScrobblingOff buttons on the browser and on downloadable scrobbler.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/scrobbofforonat55pc.png/

...I'm not sure if there is a pic on lastfm showing the buttons more clearly ??
    =======================================
    And can you delete artists you don't want? Ratt & any others :
    http://www.last.fm/user/Specialed11/library?sortBy=name#p10

Consider setting up a separate account for your brother.
    Maybe even a new account for yourself, and only play the type of music you'll want to hear on a regular day. If you want a brief session of something different, that would be the time to turn the scrobbling OFF for a period.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    Editado por headey em Mai 31 2012, 12h24
  • Thanks heady

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 30 2012, 16h46
    Specialed11 said:
    Thanks heady

which is what I told you to check 3 days ago.

Auto Corrections Group
  • dankine said:
    Specialed11 said:
    Thanks heady

which is what I told you to check 3 days ago.

edit - once again, uncalled for. text removed

Editado por Babs_05 em Mai 31 2012, 22h19
    • headey disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 31 2012, 23h07
    ! Damn ! Missed it !

At least Specialed11 has got his library cleaned up now & the scrobbler scrobblin'.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • Thanks to Headey and my now working LFM software, maybe I wont be such a jerk to people on the lfm forums. I'm still curious as to how only that certain genre of music was 'scrobbled' on my account and another specific one was not.

I'm also curious as to if my text won't be censored if I'm only assumed an asshole and not forthright with it.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.